Here's a brief report on how far this CLOSE one-name study has progressed so far.  England & Wales data collection so far includes complete census data from 1841, 1851, 1871, 1891, 1901 and 1911, and BMDs 1837-1950.  I also have almost 3,000 England & Wales christenings, over 700 pre-1837  marriages and around 300 burials in my database.

When it comes to the rest of the world, my collection looks much more sparse, compared to the amount of information out there.  Co-researchers in other parts of the world - particularly the USA, Australia and New Zealand - are urgently needed!  Let's crack this together!

It's my intention to post here not just statistical information, but some stories about notable CLOSEs from various locations and historical periods. Pictured here is James CLOSE (1900-1971) of Horwich, Lancashire. If there's someone you think deserves a mention, then do let me know!

Have a look at my Guild of One-Name Studies profile page here: www.one-name.org/profiles/close.html

Comments

  1. Good for you Margaret! I was kind of concerned that we "horned in" on your Gloucestershire Guild hangout this morning and hope that we did not overwhelm the group. Congratulations on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Tessa. I was a 'visitor' as well since I'm not based in Gloucestershire, but I have lots of Gloucestershire CLOSEs so it was good to keep in touch with colleagues there - and equally good to join the wider discussion.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A family of coal trimmers in South Wales

An enterprising Sunderland shipwright - Robert CLOSE 1825-1894.